In the News
About the St. George Branch
The St. George Utah Branch is an extension of the National AAUW. Our mission is to help advance equity for women and girls in Utah through advocacy and education. We provide intellectually challenging programs for our community, scholarships for local students and a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Camp, named eSMART, for seventh grade girls.
Our branch was founded in 1981 and is open to all graduates who hold an associate or higher degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university. We also welcome college students and non-graduates who wish to support our educational goals and activities.
OUR MISSION: Advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
- Our actions reflect our mission and are ethical, honest and professional.
- We challenge our thinking on contemporary issues through stimulating discussions and activities.
- We foster an environment built on respect, a value for diversity of opinion, and a belief that members approach issues with good intentions.
- We resolve issues face to face whenever possible, avoiding triangulation.
- When conflicts surface, we seek solutions rather than blame and ask for assistance if needed.
- We hold each other responsible and accountable for exemplifying our guiding principles and fulfilling our individual responsibilities.
- We support board decisions and each other, and celebrate our unique gifts.